Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Baton Rouge

As an employee, you have the right to seek compensation to cover your medical costs after you have been injured at your place of work. If your employer fails to cover the costs incurred by your injury, it is important to seek legal help from an experienced attorney. At Joseph H. Jolissaint, Attorney at Law, our Baton Rouge workers’ compensation lawyer has more than a decade of legal experience representing injury victims in their pursuit of fair and just benefits. We know the various laws concerning workplace injuries and how you should be compensated. Allow us to guide you through the process so you can focus on your recovery.

Free consultations are available. Call (225) 757-5600 today.

What are my workers’ compensation rights as an employee?
According to the Louisiana Workforce Commission, most minor, full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees in Louisiana are covered by workers' compensation laws from the day they start employment that cover mental and physical injuries from accidents or "occupational disease" that occur in the workplace. All employers in the state must have workers' compensation or be self-insured.

What is the process I need to go through after I've been injured at work?
When you are injured at work, you have the right and responsibility to report the injury to your employer right away. Your employer has the responsibility then to cover the expenses incurred from your injury. However, if they do not comply with this requirement, you may need to retain a lawyer to help you seek the money you deserve.

To which compensation may I be entitled?
Workers’ compensation benefits can help to cover medical expenses, lost wages (past and future), and more. We can navigate your case, determining which benefits you qualify to recover.

What kinds of claims are available?
If you were injured in the workplace, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim, workers’ death benefit claim, third-party claim, supplemental earning claim, or more. Death benefit claims are those filed by beneficiaries or loved ones affected by the loss of the worker.

I have developed a disease. Can I file a claim?
Due to toxic and asbestos exposure, many individuals can develop certain diseases such as mesothelioma. This can still allow you to file workers’ compensation. It must be shown that your disease was a direct result of the exposure to dangerous chemicals.

Where can I find your firm online?


Send My Information